Thursday 28 November 2013

Christmas

When it comes to Christmas decorating I am always drawn to the more mature and subtle approach with lots of natural elements. Here are some of my favourite inspirations
via
via
In The Fields
House and Home
via
Holly Mathis
via

I love the burlap with real greens and small hits of gold or red. And I love the black and white art even if it is a bit cheesy. I think the proper term for that is whimsical (my husbands favourite word. He uses it as often as possible to mock the decorating world).
And here are a couple DIY inspirations if you're feeling so inclined. I've bought most of the supplies for them
Life In Motion
Those are thumb prints for the nose!
via
I've got a canvas, chalkboard paint and some chalk. This idea works for quotes as well.
Crazy Wonderful
I love both of these and am hoping to try to attempt both... We'll see...
Craftaholics Anonymous
I've always loved snow globes
The Opulent Poppy
And every year we make our own paper snowflakes and hang them in the window. Dave's often don't make the cut but it's nice to do together.

Do you prefer the less is more approach to Christmas decorating? Or are you into the Glitz? Send me your Christmas homes. I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...